1752796 Members
5584 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VMS_CHECK Download

Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

The Sybase version is not cporrect. There is no such thing as the SYBASE$VERSION logical.

It would be better to skip all db stuff when it is not present (instead of generating empty stuff). Idem decform etc.

Some links are generated that do not exists (in internal references, fragmentation index of a NFS disk, ...).

Nice reporting of the sysuaf. But date and time are glued together (bug). Formatting in HTML very good in general.

On GS160, "ca" was not used to analyze errors.

Operator log file is searched in sys$system:operator.log. In general, logical names must be followed if they exists.

It took 8 minutes to execute the procedure on a GS160.

Wim

Wim
John Abbott_2
Esteemed Contributor

> It would be better to skip all db stuff when it is not present (instead of generating empty stuff)

I agree, too much noise.

I'll give feedback to provide ADABAS to the DB list.

Would like to see queues too & mc scacp sho output for clusters.

For those of you who have Pathworks, did anyone get any output? mine says not installed.

John.
Don't do what Donny Dont does
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

I am posting the following on behalf of
Kostas Gavrielidis of hp. He can be contacted by email at the usual form of address lastname.firstname at hp.com

"As far as improvements go, of course this tool can be improved and I welcome any suggestions, comments, DCL code, etc. for improvements. Please email me your suggestions.

I would prefer to get DCL procedures that would improve some of the current methods of the data gather.

Thanks,
Kostas
"