108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VMS Emulator Crack

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jees Joy
Frequent Advisor

Re: VMS Emulator Crack

Thank you everyone, some of the reply/answers were very help full, eventhough I did not get the crack, but I got an other alternative for my question.

I appologize to ask a crack (which is illegal to ask) but my intention was to study about OpenVMS more.

Thanks a lot
Art Wiens
Respected Contributor

Maybe the moderator(s) can offer their reasoning in allowing this thread? I truly am curious.

Just because he said he wanted to "study" about VMS and he sounded polite?

I believe Software Resources International (makers of the fine CHARON-VAX product) is an HP business partner. I would hope HP values their relationship with SRI and would "do the right thing" to protect it.

Oh well, sounds like the answers he got at the ITRC helped him anyways.

Cheers,
Art
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

Jees,

you don't have do something illegal (or pay big bucks) to study VMS.

Get yourself

- SIMH, the free alternative to CharonVAX at http://simh.trailing-edge.com/

- a hobbyist license kit at http://www.openvmshobbyist.com/ (okay, in some countries the required membership in the user organisation cost some)

- a VAX VMS distribution CD-ROM (either at the hobbyist site for USD 30, or come back and ask)

and play away with VMS on your PC.

HTH,
Martin
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

re Art:

"
Where is the moderator?
... and this request for an "illicit" activity is allowed?
"
Just speculating... I'd have expected that if anyone offered a "crack", such a post would have been deleted by moderators.

The responses have made it clear that such things don't really exist in this population, or at the very least are not tolerated by the majority. I'd say this thread is worth leaving here to illustrate the local culture.

Not much work for moderators in this forum :-)
A crucible of informative mistakes