New Discussion юеВ

Re: VMS MAIL %MAIL-E-FILNOTDEL error

SOLVED
Go to solution
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Martin,

The "cron" like utility is something I found on the www. I had to make some mods to allow for down to the minute and a couple tweeks here and there to spruce it up.

I am hoping not to have to include checking for sys$scratch in every script written. I am going to try to add it directly into the "cron.com" script to see if I can address it that way.
Currently calling the mail subsystem is the only place complaining about sys$scratch.

Muchas gracias.
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

FYI,

I defined sys$scratch in the "cron" like process itself and yes it took care of things. Thanks to all !!!

type cron_test.log
"SYS$SCRATCH" = "ADMIN:[UTIL.CRON.LOG]" (LNM$PROCESS_TABLE)

I have another question:
Where is the below "verify" output coming from ? This is from the "cron" like processes log. The only place I see something like this is at the top of sylogin.com. Why would this be echoed to output ?

type cron.log
$ Set NoOn
$ VERIFY = F$VERIFY(F$TRNLNM("SYLOGIN_VERIFY"))
Spawning command: @ADMIN:[UTIL.CRON]CRON_TEST.COM at 2-AUG-2004 09:45:00.38
%DCL-S-SPAWNED, process CRON_TEST spawned
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim,
I lost this thread :-(
About your last question:
If you comand procedure (@ADMIN:[UTIL.CRON]CRON_TEST.COM) is executed directly assume same input/output of caller.
I guess you run this command wiyhi spawn (because I read DCL-S-SPAWNED message); in this case you have define input and output file using /INP and /OUT qualifier; default valut of /OUT qualifier is SYS$OUTPUT file,

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Dale A. Marcy
Trusted Contributor

Verify is turned on until it is optionally turned off by the statement

$ VERIFY = F$VERIFY(F$TRNLNM("SYLOGIN_VERIFY"))

It will turn verify off if the logical SYLOGIN_VERIFY is defined as a 0 (zero) or a "FALSE" value. If you do not want to see any of the output, move this line to the top of your sylogin procedure and add a single hollerith (') in front of the F$VERIFY as shown below:

$ VERIFY = 'F$VERIFY(F$TRNLNM("SYLOGIN_VERIFY"))'
$ Set NoOn

I also add the hollerith at the end of the statement, but it will function with out it.
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Got it..

Thanks again...

This should be the end of this thread.

Merci buckets,

Tim