1752579 Members
2947 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VMS Software License Transfer

Carl Bennett
Advisor

VMS Software License Transfer

Is the VMS Software License Transfer program still in effect?
I ask because I've not been able to get in touch with anyone @HP in the Americas Software License department after about a week of trying...

I'm actually trying to help a couple of clients transfer some used equipment back and forth but can't get anyone @hp to return a phone call.

As I understand it, there's paperwork that needs to be filed to transfer ownership of the base server license from one site to another and I'm just trying to get hold of a copy of what paperwork needs to be filed.

I'd also really like to find out about the restrictions for using the OpenVMS-Alpha-User license on a secondary DR system.
6 REPLIES 6
Dave Sullivan_3
Occasional Advisor

Carl,

The website with all the information for that is:

http://www.hp.com/softwarereleases/releases-media2/slt/americas/index.html

If you follow the OpenVMS links it will lead you to an email form you fill out.

Please let me know if this is the process you have followed.

I want to make sure you get in contact with the HP resources that can assit you.

-Dave Sullivan
Dave Sullivan_3
Occasional Advisor

Carl,

Additionally, to get the OK to use the licnenses and obtain service at a DR site can easily be done through you HP rep. They can contact contract administration and make these addendums to your contract. As far as fees etc... that I don't know.

If you need to contact the HP contract admin business center:

1-800-386-1115 , Select Option 2

-Dave Sullivan
Carl Bennett
Advisor

Thanks, but this (SLT) is exactly the department I can't seem to get through to.

I did get a call from one of my sales reps yesterday; I'm hopefull he'll be able to help expedite this.

I appreciate the response, though.
Hoff
Honored Contributor

I'd locate and call the local VMS ambassador.

Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

There used to be a licesning web page which authorized the use of licensing for testing DR recovery. That is restoring your backups and testing or conducting an actual recovery. If a (DR) system was always in place, then it would need it's own licensing.

Of courese I can't find that page any more. . .
If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
Carl Bennett
Advisor

I did finally get a call back from SLT. The transfer is still pending but they were able to get me the forms to get the process started.

Thanks very much for the help with this.