1754018 Members
7664 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VMS server/UNIX Client remote mount

Michelle_68
Frequent Advisor

VMS server/UNIX Client remote mount

I have a server running OPENVMS 8.3. I am exporting a directory on this system to an old HP system running UNIX 9.0. I changed the the export definition in NETCU on the server while the UNIX system had this directory remotely mounted. I received a "Stale NFS File Handle" on the unix system and when I go try to remount it on the UNIX system, it comes up with "File or Directory Not Found". Indicating the mount point on the VMS server. I rebooted the UNIX machine and ran SHUTNET / STARTNET on server but still the same error. I tried adding a new EXPORT entry on the VMS server and then mounting this one on the UNIX machine.....still same errors.

HELP!!! Not sure what to try next. Will rebooting the server help? Will do that next but was trying to avoid it.
5 REPLIES 5
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

A Google search for
vms OR openvms NETCU
suggests that you're running TCPware, which
information, along with its version, would be
more valuable than the VMS version, I'd
guess. Luckily, I know practically nothing
about TCPware NFS. Documentation does seem
to exist, however. For example:

http://www.process.com/tcpip/tcpware57docs/Management/httoc.htm
Michelle_68
Frequent Advisor

You're right...I should have mentioned that I am running TCPWARE version 5.7.
Jeremy Begg
Trusted Contributor

Michelle,

I suggest you send your query to info-tcpware at process.com. And if you haven't already done so, subscribe to that mailing list. (Details on their web site.)

Regards,
Jeremy Begg
Geoff Bryant.
Occasional Advisor

Hi Michelle,

As Jeremy suggested, subscribing to the info-tcpware list by sending a message to info-tcpwre-request@process.com with subscribe as the body would get you to a better forum. Or send me your email address at bryant@process.com and I can get you set up.

Also, if you have support, I'm sure they';; get you going.

Unfortunately, I'm not much up on nfs to help you directly.
Michelle_68
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for your quick replies. I will ask the progress software guys if they know what is happening.
You know I'll be back again to bother you about something else. Thanks again for your support!!!!