Operating System - OpenVMS
1752808 Members
5955 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VTfm - OpenVMS file manager. New release 2.2-8 (last in this October).

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vladimir K. Vershinin
Frequent Advisor

VTfm - OpenVMS file manager. New release 2.2-8 (last in this October).

Some changes and additions of function keys when input and edit lines (see also 19FKey): ^P - extract previous command line (instead of ^E), ^H - cursor to beg of line, ^E - cursor to end of line, ^U - delete chars from beg of line to current position. Some minor bug fixes.

You can download VTFM.ZIP kit from http://eisner.encompasserve.org/~vershinin/vtfm.zip.

The kit also submitted for Hunter Goatley FILESERV and for the next OpenVMS Freeware CD.

Vladimir Vershinin,
vershinin-vk@mtu-net.ru
3 REPLIES 3
Bojan Nemec
Honored Contributor
Solution

Vladimir,

Reading this post I noticed that you use ^P as a function key. On some systems, if you type ^P on the console terminal (OPA0:) you receive the SRM prompt (>>>). If you dont promptly type C (as the continue command) the system stops to work and you must boot it again. So is best practice not to use ^P as a function key.

Bojan
Vladimir K. Vershinin
Frequent Advisor

Hi, Bojan!

Yes, I know about action of ^P on console terminals of some systems. But my choice is ^P because of: "Previous" command and ^E is a standard for OVMS function key for "Cursor to end of line". The solution is: not use VTfm on such console terminals.:-)

Thank you for your reply, Bojan!

Best regards,
Vladimir
Vladimir K. Vershinin
Frequent Advisor

I need the rest, friends!

Vladimir Vershinin