108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Virtualization Infrastructure Comparison

Dodo_5
Frequent Advisor

Virtualization Infrastructure Comparison

The market leading virtualization Suite (Infrastructure) are-
vmware,bladelogic,XEN and Cassatt.
Please can someone provide me the comparison(in terms of working principle,operation platforms,resources,advantages and disadvantages of those suites) between them.....
It's very urgent and necessary...
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Jon Pinkley
Honored Contributor

I think you are asking in the wrong forum. This is for the OpenVMS operating system.
it depends
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Dodo_5
Frequent Advisor

It was a bit helpfull...but i need difference between all the above mentioned suites....
It will be very helpfull if someone can provide that..
Thanks..
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Dodo_5
Frequent Advisor

thank u for ur help....
But what i need actually is not there...
Hoff
Honored Contributor

The HP OpenVMS I64 targets HP-VM, and not EMC VMware, Xen or any of the other non-HP virtualization products. As far as this particular ITRC forum and HP OpenVMS is concerned, the answer for questions around virtualization and server consolidation is HP-VM, or the HP c-Class BladeSystem Integrity blades. Or both.

And as for your general product and product marketeering comparison question, I'd tend to expect answers ranging from feature comparision tables to various college theses, to advanced college degrees in cutting through industry hype and the ensuing blizzards of marketeering; in any case, not something that would fit in a 16x48 text box here in ITRC.

Virtualization is good fodder for a posting and for a discission; many folks have been wandering around the edges of this topic in various postings for a while now, with stuff like watts and cooling -- http://64.223.189.234/node/17 , which includes pointers to various HP materials -- and I'll post something up over there by Monday.

Stephen Hoffman
HoffmanLabs LLC