1752511 Members
4526 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Without words...

Jon Pinkley
Honored Contributor

My guess is that 2008 was the last VMS bootcamp in the U.S.

If there is a next one, it will probably be in Bangalore, India, since that's where VMS Engineering will be.

it depends
EdgarZamora_1
Respected Contributor

Well I've just lost all confidence in the future of OpenVMS.

And it's not just HP. Our jobs are on the line too. And we're (well I'm not) answering/helping the very same people being trained to take over our jobs.
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

I think it's best to wait and see how this works out.

Do not assume that all the people with Indian sounding names who post here work for HP as most large IT companies have staff in India and some of those companies run VMS.

As I find it educational and rewarding to attempt to answer questions on this forum I shall continue to do so when I have the time, irrespective of who asks the question.

"Do not assume that all the people with Indian sounding names who post here work for HP as most large IT companies have staff in India and some of those companies run VMS."

This is very true. Our support staff of 11 people 5 years ago in the US is now 1 person in the US and 1 in India. I do not work for HP and neither does the person in India.

What will be missed is the "drive" and push for VMS. So far I haven't met a person supporting systems from India to have the same push and questioning of things.

I hope that all the engineering that ends up in India realizes that there are alot (ok - maybe only a few now) of people depending on them to push for new and exciting changes and features in VMS.
Dave Gudewicz
Valued Contributor

I for one will miss Sue. She was (much) more than a person in a particular position.

Sue was a beacon, a cheerleader and an ambassador of the highest order. She went the extra mile/kilometer for customers who, in many cases, became friends.

While I wish Sue's replacement all the best, Sue will not be easily replaced.

Succeeded yes. Replaced?

Dave Gudewicz
Valued Contributor

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

Sue, thank you for being the lightening rod for customer contact in the VMS world. You made me look good to my customers and managers by connecting me to right people in the VMS world. You├в ll be missed.

One last hug,

Andy Bustamante
If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
Paul Jerrom
Valued Contributor

I for one am gutted that Sue has been retrenched. So from now on I am not buying HP - starting with my next laptop purchase tomorrow.
Have fun,

Peejay
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If it can't be done with a VT220, who needs it?