1753510 Members
5789 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Xyplex MaxServer MX-1620 Terminal Server boot issues

Jess Goodman
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Xyplex MaxServer MX-1620 Terminal Server boot issues

You said you had tried to get to the configuration menu using the paper clip trick and then autobauding. But to get to the menu you must then type:
ACCESS

The full sequence of steps is:

o Press the RESET switch once with the paper clip. All lights should come on.
o Press RESET again and this time hold it in. The port lights will go on from left to right and then go off in the same order.
o Port lights 9 and 10 should then turn on. Release RESET when they do
o Port lights 8 to 1 should go on as a self-test is being performed.
o When the self-test completes the RUN light should flash rapidly. At this point his several RETURNs to autobaud a port.
o Type "ACCESS"

I have one, but it's personal.
Bruce Fehringer
Occasional Advisor

Thank you all for trying to help me. I had tried MRV some time ago for another issue and didn't get the issue resolved. I don't recall any details as to why they couldn't help, but I will try them again. I appreciate everyone's efforts.
-Bruce
Bruce Fehringer
Occasional Advisor

Thank you all for trying to help me. I had tried MRV some time ago for another issue and didn't get the issue resolved. I don't recall any details as to why they couldn't help, but I will try them again. I appreciate everyone's efforts.
-Bruce
Stephane BARBARIN

Hello Bruce,

Although you have closed this thread, I strongly invite you to take a look at the following link :

http://service.mrv.com/support/support.cfm?pt=8&pd=37&dt=dc

Be careful, this link might be cut and spread on more than one line.

The problem with MVR is that they have reviewed their Website, and many links to old products have now disappeared, while the files are (fortunately !) still in place on the Webserver !

I also have a MaxServer MX-1620, it works fine via TFTP boot, and I'm now trying to use a flash card... I'll tell you about that, if you're interested.

Sincerely yours,

Stephane.