1753474 Members
4846 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: decnet problem

adarsh_4
Frequent Advisor

decnet problem

hello everyone, i have personal workstation 500au loaded with vms 7.3 the system boots up normal and iam able to use it without any problem from a console but when i try to set host to it from our network. it gives this message "%SYSTEM-F-UNREACHABLE, remote node is not currently reachable"

i have already checked the network and cables and there are ok. can someone please help me out here.

thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

Have you configured DECnet on the 500au? If you attempt to

$ set host 0

on the 500au can you connect?

More detailed question, what version of DECnet did you install? Did you run the appropriate configuration command file for your version? What is the exact set host command and did you define and set node names? Do the sysgen params match the DECnet address? Are these on the same VLAN/network segment or are you routing DECnet?

And of course "Did this ever work?"

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
RBrown_1
Trusted Contributor

Please post the results of these commands typed on the "unreachable" 500au:

$ SHOW NETWORK/FULL
$ MCR NCP SHOW EXECUTOR
$ MCR NCP SHOW KNOWN CIRCUITS

adarsh_4
Frequent Advisor

thanks, yes it has been working for past 10 years. it was even working yesterday. its only now that i have this problem.

it has to be something small that we are missing.
adarsh_4
Frequent Advisor

$ SHOW NETWORK/FULL

its show a list of details and i cant copy it, so please give me time to copy it and post it.

$ MCR NCP SHOW EXECUTOR

executor node =1.23
state=on
identification=HP decnet for openvms alpha

$ MCR NCP SHOW KNOWN CIRCUITS

ewa-0 state on
adarsh_4
Frequent Advisor

thanks everyone, i manage to fix the problem. the cable to the network card was not fitted properly. thanks for the reply.