Operating System - OpenVMS
1751714 Members
5357 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

dir on nfs disk return error DIRECT-E-OPENIN + RMS-E-DNF + SYSTEM--F-NOSOCHOBJECT

Eitan Ram
Advisor

dir on nfs disk return error DIRECT-E-OPENIN + RMS-E-DNF + SYSTEM--F-NOSOCHOBJECT

Hi everybody.

Openvms v7.3-2 on alpha.

after mount nfs when I ran the command:

dir nfs33:[000000...]

the following errors were returned:

DIRECT-E-OPENIN + RMS-E-DNF + SYSTEM--F-NOSOCHOBJECT

I know that the vms version is very old - but the site can't upgrade.

PLease review,

Regards, Eitan.

6 REPLIES 6
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Re: dir on nfs disk return error DIRECT-E-OPENIN + RMS-E-DNF + SYSTEM--F-NOSOCHOBJECT

Eitan,

please provide the exact commands used and their output using copy & paste.

Is this the first time you're using NFS on this OpenVMS V7.3-2 system ? 

Volker.

support_s
System Recommended

Query: dir on nfs disk return error DIRECT-E-OPENIN + RMS-E-DNF + SYSTEM--F-NOSOCHOBJECT

System recommended content:

1. HP-UX NFS - "Permission Denied"

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

Eitan Ram
Advisor

Re: dir on nfs disk return error DIRECT-E-OPENIN + RMS-E-DNF + SYSTEM--F-NOSOCHOBJECT

Hi.

$ tcpip mount dnfs45: nfstest2 nfstest2 /host=nfsserver2022 /path="/vms/mahol" /uid=1000 /gid=1000 /user=mahol /transport=udp /data1300 -

/prot=(s:rwed,o:rwed,g:rwed,w) /adf /owner_uic=[mahol_prod]/automount=(inactivity="00:05:00") /struct=5

Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Eitan,

please provide the full commands used AND the output/response from the OpenVMS system (for both the TCPIP MOUNT and the DIRECTORY command).. Try $ REPLY/ENABLE - any OPCOM messages ?

What kind of system is nfsserver2022 ? Does it have some kind of logfile ? Any messages on that NFS server ?

Volker.

Eitan Ram
Advisor

Hi.

I tried to open the link you sent but it required "A support agreement covering HP-UX Operating System" which I don't have.

Can you download the doc. for me?

Regards, Eitan.

Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Eitan,

the post from 'support_s' labeled as 'system recommended content' may be from an automatic bot ;-( So it won't probably honour your request for the contents of that document. Also the reference to 'HP-UX NFS' in that post seems to be way-off the problem topic...

Please provide the details I've asked for...

Volker.