1748275 Members
3705 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: \efi\vms\vms_loader.efi not found on fs0:

Beth O'Malley
Occasional Advisor

\efi\vms\vms_loader.efi not found on fs0:

I am trying to install Open VMS 8.2 on an integrity rx2600 series, though when i use the efi via console connect and dir on the efi\vms there is no vms_loader.efi. I am using the VMS 8.2 OE cd. Is there somewhere else I should be looking or could someone direct me to where the loader.efi is ?

thanks

beth
11 REPLIES 11
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Beth,

Have you checked the other FS devices?

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Beth O'Malley
Occasional Advisor

Hi Bob

I have checked all the other devices , fs1, fs2 and there is not efi or vms directory. However, on fs0: there is efi and vms but no vms_loader.efi under the vms directory. Strange

thanks

beth
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

Beth,

Unfortunately, I do not have the DVD mounted on my system (I am offsite at the moment). If you send me an email with a number I can give you a call and try to sort it out.

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Beth O'Malley
Occasional Advisor

Hi Bob

I just sent you email

Beth
Eric Dittman
Frequent Advisor

Normally you should just be able to boot from the Boot Menu using the option for the DVD.

If you don't have the menu option for the DVD you can easily add it back. I can post the steps if you don't have them.

If you are trying to start from EFI for a different reason, look in \EFI\BOOT\ on the DVD for BOOTIA64.EFI. Run that and it will boot from the DVD.
Beth O'Malley
Occasional Advisor

we have run \efi\boot\bootia64.efi and get cd activity and runs for a while and then goes quiet and does nothing.

any other ideas ?
Eric Dittman
Frequent Advisor

What's the hardware configuration of the system, including CPU speed, amount of RAM, and installed PCI cards?
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

cd fs0:\efi\vms\
ls
I think you will find a file called booti64.efi or similar which you run by entering its name. The loader program on the DVD is not called vms_loader.efi

also ensure the console settings are correct.