DECnet event 0.7, aborted service request
From note 1.9 (OIPS810) 27 aPR 2009 08:27:15.22
Circuit KFE-1, Receive error

There is nothing more than this.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Re: event 0.7

Bryan,

did you ever look at the LINE and CIRCUIT counters of KFE-1 ?

$ MC NCP SHOW LINE KFE-1 COUNTER
$ MC NCP SHOW CIRC KFE-1 COUNTER

Is this 0.7 event eventually followed by a 4.10 circuit up ?

Volker.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Bryan,

this event is declared in module [NETACP]NETDLE when a network packet has been received by the DECnet downline load and
loopback class driver (NDDRIVER) and the IO status word indicates an error. A circuit down event (4.7) will also be declared as well.

Volker.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Bryan,

the received packet will be ignored, so no MOM process will be created. This explains, why you don't see a new MOM.LOG file together with this event.

You may actually have to monitor this LAN segment with a LAN analyzer/sniffer to find out, which packet from which node seems to be triggering this event. Finding out the actual IOSB error code is not possible, except if you patch NETACP to crash the system or loop, if such a packet has been received with a bad IOSB.

Volker.
bkelly13
Advisor

To All,
As noted in my post yesterday, the system deteriorated to the point that the application could not function. We replaced the Ethernet card and cured the problem. It has not been running over 24 hours without a single event. We did some testing and concluded that the Ethernet card was not able to properly drive the thin wire cable. It probably could not detect that and could declare an error and conclude something else caused the problem.

Regardless, the Ethernet card was bad and was the cause of the problem.

Now I have this FT810 able to support the application. I guess that really closes this thread. I do have another FT810 that is running, but does not recognize any Ethernet connection. But that should be a new problem.

The information you, each of you, has provided has been helpful and will continue to be helpful as I work the other computer.

I will look up additional information on new machines that can run VMS and our code using the information I have found on this site.

I thank you all for your assistance.
bkelly13
Advisor

I am closing this thread because the problem has been resolved. I thank everyone that took the time to respond.

Thank you,
Bryan