New Discussion юеВ

how to test/set the 90L+

SOLVED
Go to solution
SCC_2
Frequent Advisor

how to test/set the 90L+

Hello,
I have 3 90L+ server, one of server port 3, no respone when trying to login. I would like to how to reset it or what that post was set to.
Thanks !
SCC
13 REPLIES 13
Karl Rohwedder
Honored Contributor

Re: how to test/set the 90L+

I'm not quite sure, what your problem is. If you are not able to log in to one port of a decserver, the easiest way to reset is to power cycle the server. The port is then reset to the stored settings. The same yould be done with a LOG POR n from a session on another port (which must be privileged, of course).
To change port characteristics use SET (volatile) or DEFINE (permanent) commands.

regards Kalle
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

Hello
Karl, this is 90L+, not 90M so this commands will not work. 90L+ has different command set.
Try "reset 3". You can also send output of "show p" command and we will see the settings of port 3.
Of course, you can also power down the server.
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

90L+ terminal server can hang the port because of too much framing errors. You can "zero counters" of ports from time to time. If port has many framing errors, it can be cable or terminal problem, so you can check it.
To zero counters do the following:
"set "
"3 "
Then go to last field and select "zero counters"
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
SCC_2
Frequent Advisor

Thanks people,
I check the port 3 and find out it was set for printer not terminal, already change it back. I have reboot the system yet (not sure I have to do that). The terminal that hook up to that port, I can't ctrl-D out. It stay on --> (like this).
I will reboot the system later when all users off work today.
Sc
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor
Solution

I think you have to just reset the port not reboot the DECserver after changing the port settings. Check the other port settings are the same as a working port.

Hello Ian,
I check port 3 and compare to other port like

Speed = 9600
In flow = ena/on
type = term
break = local
rem mod = dis
test = no
autoconf = ena
odl = dis
status = conn
fram err = 0

They are the same, the other ports run fine.
On port 3, when hit enter instead of asking for username/password, it show me -->
Look like still in ncp mode and can not ctrl-d out no respone and I am not using that termainal to run ncp. I wonder is that port is dead some how.
Scc
Doug Phillips
Trusted Contributor

Try SHOW D and you will see that the other ports are set to a dedicated service. Use SET D to set it.

If your terminal is connected straight to the port, then CRTL/D doesn't do anything.

-Doug
SCC_2
Frequent Advisor

Hello,
I set that port 3 from other terminal. After I done and finish. I hook up another terminal to port 3, press return a --> show and look like I am in NCP and type show d is o.k, but it don't allow me to use set d.
I just can't get a usename/password show
Thanks !
SCC
SCC_2
Frequent Advisor

LOL, I reboot the system. The terminal what hook up to that port 3 still showing me a -->
sign, can't get out.
Maybe that port is dead.