New Discussion юеВ

Re: install of ovms 8.2

SOLVED
Go to solution
antonio elder prado
Regular Advisor

install of ovms 8.2

when I try to install (INITIALIZE) using the cd for ia64 I receive lots of :

PCSI-E-READERR error reading DQA0:[VMS$COMMON.][SYS$LDR] {ROCESS_MANAGEMENT_MON.EXE
SYSTEM-F-DRIVER - Fatal Drive error
SYSTEM-W-PARITY - Parity Error.

my machine is rx2600

regarding firmware I am OK, because I just had 8.1 and was working fine. I had the latest firmware installed.

===

also, when I was installing 8.2 asked for product key; I did register any, (I do not have any product key and the cd came from HP because we are FT ). Is this that is causing the problem ?

===

thank you all
10 REPLIES 10
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

No, that looks like a problem with the CD-ROM media or the CD-ROM drive. I would try to create a new CD, first.
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

I agree that it looks like a CD problem and certainly not anything to do with PAKs

I'm asking for another cd and will try. I will let you guys know the result.
thank you again

./antonio/.
Keith Parris
Trusted Contributor
Solution

I agree: the CD (or possibly the CD/DVD drive) appears to have a problem. I'd go back to your HP Field Test source for help.

With regard to PAKs, there is a DCL command procedure called PAKS.COM located in a directory on the CD named [READ_ME]. Running PAKS.COM and then doing a $LICENSE LOAD will load all the Field-Test PAKs for you.
Keith Parris
Trusted Contributor

Oh, by the way, the 8.2 Field Test documentation is at http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/os82ft_index.html , including the 8.2EFT Upgrade and Installation Guide.
antonio elder prado
Regular Advisor

thank you Keith,

./antonio/.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Antonio,

OpenVMS I64 E8.2 should be on a DVD, not a CD. For fieldtest, I burned my own DVD from the copy of the I64E82.BCK saveset.

If you still have a working Itanium 8.1 system, you could do an $ ANAL/DISK/READ DQA0: of that DVD to find out, if all of it is readable in your local DVD drive.

Volker.
Willem Grooters
Honored Contributor

We had a problem with our distribution as well, it turned out the bootblock wasn't valid. Creation of a bootable DVD for Itanium seems less straightforward as on Alpha. A full descriotion can be found in entrynr. 9820 in Ask The Wizard.

HTH

Willem
Willem Grooters
OpenVMS Developer & System Manager
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

a direct link to SRH notes on CD writing
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/wizard/wiz_9820.html