Advisor

Re: machine crash vms 7.3.2

hi wolker

i no see your emal in your profil
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Otmnai,

click on my user name in ITRC (or enter 'volker halle' in Google and you'll see my ITRC profile information. Look closely at my personal quote and remove 'at's and 'dot's ;-)

Volker.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Ahmed,

here is a summary of the crashes seen so far:

- there have been 3 crashes with the exact same symptoms as the one shown here. Same bad values (ASCII text) in UCB$L_SVAPTE ('ent:') and UCB$L_BOFF ('nect'), UCB is for NPA0: in all cases. Question is: what is the significance of this data, where does it come from ?

- in the first 2 crashes, the system was running with VMS732_UPDATE-V0300 installed, the 3rd one has IO_ROUTINES from VMS732_SYS-V0800, this implies VMS732_UPDATE-V0400 has been installed recently.

- the most recent crash in IOC$IOPOST_C+0012C occured, because a BUFIO packet (instead of an IRP) was pulled from IOC$GQ_POSTIOQ - the UCB address pulled from that packet was 0 (because if was a BUFIO, not an IRP). Still waiting for dump of that BUFIO packet to see, which software component this may be related to.

- the machine is a 3 processor SMP system, so there could be issues related to SMP synchronization.

Volker.
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Ahmed,

X.25 V1.6 ECO 3 is now available since 17-OCT-2005. You may want to give it a try.

Volker.