New Discussion юеВ

Re: pool expansion

SOLVED
Go to solution
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Spencer,

as you've found your way into SYSBOOT (probably using >>> B/R5:1 MUA0), you should be able to increase NPAGEDYN

SYSBOOT> SHOW NPAGEDYN
SYSBOOT> SET . 1000000
SYSBOOT> CONT

( . defaults to last parameter viewed with SHOW, but you can also type the parameter name instead of using '.', i.e. SET NPAGEDYN 1000000 )

Volker.
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

If this is a TK50, the target system is probably a VAX.

There is a standalone DCL for VAX on the VMS distribution CD - it's just not documented.

Use:

>>> B/R5:10000000 cd-drive

or on older system

>>> B/10000000 cd-drive

(in other words boot from Root 1)

A crucible of informative mistakes
comarow
Trusted Contributor

BTW, if you boot stand alone backup from another root, you can save the changes to system with a write current.

I can not emphasize, that engineerings wants people to use CDs. They are more flexible and give you a greater number of commands. CD drives are portable and available very cheaply.

I have even found some third party CD drives work fine with the right cables. RRD42 or the equivilant are dirt cheap.

And you can play music throgh them. :-)
bob
comarow
Trusted Contributor

In fact, if you @stabackit on a 7.3-2 system, or other verions as well, it will not worki.

It will instead ddsy iy id obsolete in invoke axpvms$pcsi_install_min.com on your choice of devices.

It will create a limited subset of vms.

Thus Standalone Backup is obsolete.

It's far better to build it the min boot of vms on another disk for speed. And at sysboot you can change parameters.

It's better than Stand Alone Backup because it has more commands.

Bob