SOLVED
Go to solution
John Gillings
Honored Contributor

Re: question on mount verification loop

re: Hoff, "I don't think Ketan knows. :-)"

I guess not!

Ketan,

Although it's good of you to search the wizard database for potential answers, please be aware that ATW stopped being updated in 2004 - which even for OpenVMS is a LONG time ago. It might be a good idea to check that the articles you find really are relevant to the questions at hand. You don't want to send people down archaic false paths.

In case you're wondering what Hoff meant by the above comment... ATW was run by Hoff, and most of the answers came from Hoff, Hein or myself. We stopped using ATW when ITRC became reasonably established for OpenVMS customers.

I'd also point out that answering a question by referring to another source is not always a good idea. Links go dead, devaluing this thread as a source of a solution.

Although it's probably still useful as an historic reference resource, as it ages, the information becomes less relevant. Better to use the reference yourself and recast the answer in terms of the question asked here (only be sure always to call it please, RESEARCH ;-).
A crucible of informative mistakes
Shriniketan Bhagwat
Trusted Contributor

Hi John,

Thank you for letting me know. :-)

Regards,
Ketan
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Antonio,

the parity error inside the index file bitmap is most likely your problem. OpenVMS will write-lock that disk and will NOT allow any further write-operations on that disk. This will cause the 'mount verficaition loop' when trying to boot from that disk.

Boot from the CD and make a BACKUP/IMAGE of that disk, before it's too late.

Volker.