Operating System - OpenVMS
1748185 Members
4196 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

regarding SSH/SFTP incompatibility...

Bhalaji

regarding SSH/SFTP incompatibility...

I have sftp client that is based on openssh3.6p1.

I have sftp server that is based on openssh4.1p1.

Is there any incompatibilty between the two... Iam unable to make sftp connections from my client to the server...
3 REPLIES 3
Richard Whalen
Honored Contributor

Re: regarding SSH/SFTP incompatibility...

I don't think that either one is running on OpenVMS, as I don't believe that OpenSSH has been ported to OpenVMS. But, I'll provide a few suggestions:

Can you establish an SSH2 connection between the two systems? This should always be the first step in attempting to diagnose an SFTP problem as SFTP passes command and data to the SFTP-SERVER subsystem over an SSH2 connection.

If you can establish an SSH2 connection, then you should check that the SFTP-SERVER subsystem was configured on the server system. See http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=sshd_config&sektion=5&arch=&apropos=0&manpath=OpenBSD+Current
for some configuration information on OpenSSH
Bhalaji

Hi Richard,

Thank you very much for the response... ,

The problem was because the client and server were in different networks and in the equipment(a DSLAM) running the sftp client, these packets destined to other networks were getting dropped at the TCP layer...

Thanks once again for the response..

Bhalaji N
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

The VMS ssh client/server do not have the security problems of openssh
(e.g. CERT CA-2003-24)

You probably need to trace the connection. There may be an option to enable extra messages. Unfortunally for you and fourtunally for us we do VMS.

You could try here
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/categoryhome.do?categoryId=245