Account: MIS Directory: DISKA3:[MIS.JACKLEE]
Last login: Thu 27-MAR-2008 12:03:33
Mail forwarding to USERA,USERB
No Plan
6 REPLIES 6
Hoff
Honored Contributor

Re: set forward problem

Setting the forwarding to multiple users is not directly available within MAIL, due to the way MAIL and mail error reporting works.

(This was deliberately locked out decade or longer ago, and was the subject of much uproar and consternation way back then...)

Available options here include using a mail server (options can include majordomo, pmdf, listserv or otherwise), and sending to that.

Alternatively, set up a distribution list in whatever (other) mail server you're using, and send to that.

The DELIVER tool on the OpenVMS Freeware can also be pressed into service here.

Some TCP/IP packages can potentially allow SMTP-based mail forwarding to lists, too. Check the SMTP documentation for details.

Related:

http://h71000.www7.hp.com/wizard/wiz_9767.html

Stephen Hoffman
HoffmanLabs LLC
Robert Gezelter
Honored Contributor

???,

One could also use the now freeware MX package to achieve the same end.

A somewhat awkward implementation could also be done using a DCL command script doing both forwards manually. It is possible, but I would not recommend it (I mention this possibility in the event that a management restriction prevents the addition of another package to the system).

- Bob Gezelter, http://www.rlgsc.com
Jansen_8
Regular Advisor

I use the DELIVER package with the the configuration (see also attachements)

MAIL.DELIVERY : describing all should be processed by DELIVER
PROCMAIL.COM : describing what to do
HREMMAIL.DIS (file name defined in procmail.com) : list of E-mail adresses to be used. One E-mail adres per line
COMPOSE_FORWARD.F90 : program to create a new RFC-header (to be sure attacments are handled in the right way)

Jouk
Jansen_8
Regular Advisor

compose_forward.f90
Jansen_8
Regular Advisor

Please rename attachment to PROCMAIL.COM to make it work with my previous post (seems that itrc refuses .COM files)
цЭОф┐Кш│в
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Hoff,Robert and Jansen,I know how to solve this problem. Thank you every one.