Operating System - OpenVMS
1748259 Members
3702 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: shutdown/turn off/stop/start utility for FGx device?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rich Hearn
Regular Advisor

Apologies for the delay and confusion; I was responding on the 9th, when the site "disappeared" & I'm just getting back to it now...

A long time ago, we were getting errors on our sca comms, so I put together a dcl .com to check the counters, reset the counters, stop EWA, then restart EWA. Also the same for EWB.

This was done to show the uptime for the interfaces. I've left the .com running at 04:01 just to have it keep track of error counters. I did have a wait 00:00:01 between the start of EWA0 & the stop of EWB0 - perhaps not enough time? I don't shut down the EIA interfaces, so I'm not sure why they both would be. Obviously, I must missing an integral piece of info in my understanding. Any assistance in this regard would be appreciated.

The attached .txt is the output of mcr scacp show chan for both clusters.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Rich
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Rich,

what problem are we chasing now ?

The console output from the IDXT1/2 cluster provided earlier was from midnight, not 04:01. The EIA-EIA channel in this cluster is up since 10-MAY. Did the VC drop ($ MC SCACP SHOW VC) ?

Volker.
Rich Hearn
Regular Advisor

Volker,

We are not chasing a different problem - I had been responding to your question regarding the sca circuits. Please do not feel obligated regarding this path my question has gone down. It was not my intention to have it be this confusing. I was, originally, trying to shut off my hba interface because multipath switched automatically around midnight and I didn't know why. That lead me to the rest of this note. My apologies for digressing.

I appreciate your time & willingness already given, I'm not wishing to impose on it any further. We can let this stand as is.

Thanks again,
Rich
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Rich,

thanks for the clarification.

Could you show both the multi-path switched messages and the CNXMAN messages from the same time ? If they are not happening at the same time, I would see no correlation between them.

Volker.
Rich Hearn
Regular Advisor

Volker,

Thanks for your persistance. I'm delayed in responding because I took yesterday to set up the same situation as originally, but with the mount verify msgs enabled. The two *are* unrelated. The Auto-switch occurred at approx 00:01 and the CNXMAN msgs occurred on the other cluster at approx 04:01. No CNXMAN msgs occurred on the cluster with the auto-switch.

I'll just accept the fact that it'll auto-switch and go ahead & do the upgrades as I had originally wanted

btw: the last few days, getting a response from this site's been slooow - is it just me or have you seen it too?

Tnx,
Rich
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

Rich,

the ITRC forums seemed to be having some problems over the last days. I've recognized this as well.

Volker.
Rich Hearn
Regular Advisor

Volker,

Thanks for the response. I would like to say "Thank you" to Labadie, The Brit, Robert Brooks, & you for helping me with this. It has helped me to more clearly understand what I've been seeing and has given me more knowledge about mount verify msgs. Thanks to you all.

Rich