6749 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

watchdog consolidator suddenly stops

Fredrik.eriksson
Valued Contributor

watchdog consolidator suddenly stops

Hi,

I'm having a wrestling match with my PSW consolidator today.
It all started with a full systemroot... and when we got it working again it started properly and then after maybe 5 minutes the consolidator process crashes and tells me nothing about why.
If i run:

$ sense watch start consolidator /profile=SNS_ROOT:[profiles]SNS_profile.dat /uic=[system]

it starts and I can use it, but it doesn't set UIC to system so noone else can use it.

Google tells me zip, zero, nada :/

Best regards
Fredrik Eriksson
4 REPLIES 4
Wim Van den Wyngaert
Honored Contributor

Re: watchdog consolidator suddenly stops

Did you check accounting and operator log and even audit log ?

Wim
Wim
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

fredrik,

looking at this user guide

http://www.sysworks.com.au/disk$vaxdocmay941/decw$book/d341aa13.p17.decw$book

i could find no reference to a '/uic' qualifier for that command, maybe it's a different version. talking of which is this vax or alpha and what version of vms and polycentre is this ?
i thought the polycentre stuff disappeared into CA a decade ago ? do you have a support contract for this ?
have you checked the logs in sns$root ?

good luck

Fredrik.eriksson
Valued Contributor

Oh sorry, We're running Alpha VMS 7.3-2

I've found a workaround for the moment. Reason why noone else could use the consolidator when started as the user system is because the logical SNS$CONSOLIDATOR_ID was set to the wrong ID.

Unicenter TNG Event Manager V2.4.2-0201 is the version we're using.

The audit, accounting and operator log shows me nothing of use. The logs from SNS_ROOT: tells me that it's started, not why it stopped.

But now it's time to go home, I'll pick this up again tomorrow and hope that my quickfix doesn't act up over night ;P

Also, I attached a help of /uic :)

Best regards
Fredrik Eriksson
Fredrik.eriksson
Valued Contributor

So, my workaround is still working :)
Going to see what I can find out about this... Still seems wierd that it just stops. In worst case I'll have to make this a permanent hack until these machines get commisioned.

Best regards
Fredrik Eriksson