54796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: what is this means ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
SCC_2
Frequent Advisor

I make another tape, Have the same error. I can't see is the tape problem. When I shutdown and power up the Vax is go thru the KA630-a.v1.2 performing normal system tests 7..6..5..4..3..
tests completed
>>>

The system should be fine right ?

then I boot it

>>> b mua0

the disk drive spinning then the error show.

I make up the tape using a micro 3100 model 80 with a tz30 drive to make up the tape. and insert the tape into a tk50 drive running on a micro vax II

what will go wrong.

thanks !
SCC
Volker Halle
Honored Contributor

SCC,

don't assume, that selftests will find all HW problems.

You can find a description of the available console commands and CPU errors on:

http://hampage.hu/dr/ka630.html

Maybe try the various >>> TEST [test-number] commands to try to isolate the problem.

Did the tape move at all, before the error happened ? BTW, which error happened this time ?

Volker.
SCC_2
Frequent Advisor

Hello,
I use the standalone backup (tk50) that I build using the other Vax is not working, Finally I use the vms5.2 2of 2 that have standalone on it and it work. At least I can get into the $ sign. Not I am facing another problem. I try to backup the data on that bad drive and I have an error saying pool expansion failure.
There is a very good chance I have to send this disk drive out and let someone to recover the data for me.
SCC
Jeroen Hartgers_3
Frequent Advisor

Do you have the possebility to swap disks.
If so you could remove the damaged system disk. Put in a empty slot of the other vax and maak a image backup af the disk and init the damaged disk.
Roll back a image backup you know its right. Swap the disk back to the original vax and try to boot normaly.
SCC_2
Frequent Advisor

hello Jereon,
This is what I try to do, I have some other Dec drive hook it up. But don't know why when boot up from the standalone that drive should be dua0 but not show up, only the mua0 and dub0 (the damage one) on screen.

My next step is to take the damage drive and install to my other Vax that was running and see I can access it.
Thanks !
SCC
SCC_2
Frequent Advisor

I am very confuse with this Micro VaxII.
First the external hard drive (dub0:) have bad files/data maybe sharing with other files/date with in the same block and cause me can't login/bootup at all. Finally with all you people help, I using a tk50 tape (vms5.2, with standalone s/w inside it work, I build a standalone b/u tape using a micro Vax 3100 don't work) and I finally boot up the Vax. Since my hard drive is no good, I can't backup the data from it. Then I find another hard drive that contain system files and boot up overthere and it work but I can't login since I don't know the username/password that was set long time ago...lol.
later I use the mua0: to reboot the Vax again
now it don't work anymore it say
% execinit-f-error loading system file - syslicense exe r0 = 00000054

question # 2, if I go out and purchase another used micro vax same model. Can I just dump an image backup from the other working machine to it and it will work ?

Thanks !
SCC
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

the error message for code %x54 is:
%SYSTEM-F-CTRLERR, fatal controller error
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

If you purchase another MicroVax, you can restore all data.
SCC you live in Canada, too far from me. I've got and old MicroVax 3100 I don't use it; I'm afraid delivery cost is too expensive :-(

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
SCC_2
Frequent Advisor

Hello All,
I am looking getting another Used Vax for backup and the cost of it is pretty cheap and I am not worried about it.

Now, what I did on last fews day is.

I took out the ext. 8mm tape drive from another running system (3100 model 80) and put my bad (damage hard drive in) and when I boot up the system, I can see a new drive name call dka0: show up which is the bad hard drive I install.

And I have to mount it and call the label as sysdsk before I can access it, after I done all that I backup all my data (part by part, instead of using image backup, since I know the sysO: directory might have some bad block or file in it.

I found out that hard drive is write lock.
I was trying or testing see I can just install an old image backup vol:6 which have all system files for that hard drive. Since is write lock it will not allow me to write into it.

Is there any options or I have to erase the drive to start fresh again.

Thanks !
SCC
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

It's possible that there is an error in the bitmap so the system write-locks as a precaution. Does the write-lock also appear if you mount the disk /FOREIGN ?