108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: where to get swxcrmgr.exe for Dec Alpha 4x00 server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ning Bao
Occasional Contributor

where to get swxcrmgr.exe for Dec Alpha 4x00 server

My boss asked me to reinstall OpenVMS on a Dec Alpha 4x00 Server. The system raid disks and other disks had been removed before since the server was decommissioned. I just put two disks into the system drawer. AlphaBios shows all disks are offline. I believe I need run swxcrmgr.exe to re-config the system. The problem is I could not find the right swxcrmgr.exe for this server. The version of AlphaBios is 5.6. Any idea? Thanks!

--Ning
9 REPLIES 9
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor

Do you have an Alpha firmware CD? It's still included.

Andy
If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
Ning Bao
Occasional Contributor

I only have OPENVMS CD, not alpha firmware CD. Any place I can download it?
Andy Bustamante
Honored Contributor
Solution

Try http://h18006.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/products/storage/retired/ra230/index.html You'll need to run the utlity from the console and build new storage sets. This controller wasn't the quickest, but does the job, within its limits.

Andy
If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
Petr Spisek
Regular Advisor

Hi,
swxcrmgr.exe is program for managing Mylex raid controller from the system. If you want to build a new raidset (or disk unit by Mylex) from console, you need to use Ra200rcu.exe from ARC console. Usually spupplied on floppy-disk (the old controller).
Petr
Ian Miller.
Honored Contributor

You may wish to upgrade the alphaserver firmware to the most recent available. See
http://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/Alpha/firmware/readmes/as4x00.html

Ning, I believe I still have a copy of the Alpha 4100 CD you're looking for.

Do you still need it?

If so, I could probably create an ISO image you could burn your end.

Rob.
Don Nutt
Advisor

If it's a graphic monitor ra200rcu.exe would be correct, however if its a vt terminal you will need to use ra200srl.exe for serial line configuration. I would bet that your firmware is probably at 2.49, consider updating to 2.70. It offers some important enhancements to the operation of the RA230. As indicated by Andy, this is the web page you will need to get to.

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/products/storage/retired/ra230/index.html

Don
Ning Bao
Occasional Contributor

Hi
Thanks to EVERYONE!
Following the link Andy provided, I was using ra200rcu.exe to reconfigure the system raid set. It works very well.

Thank!!!!
Ning Bao
Occasional Contributor

Following the web link Andy provided, I have found the program and solved the problem.