Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5.1 + NHD-7 RIS installation verification errors

Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

5.1 + NHD-7 RIS installation verification errors

Hi everybody,

as my "normal" operating environment is VMS, and I'm still a newbie Tru64 admin, please bear with me.

Server environment is 5.1 Rev. 2650 (or so uname -a tells me) with C2 security enabled. After RISsing the OS CD and the NHD-7 CD (via update_ris), and ensuring the RIS password does not expire, I try to do a full install via bootp. The client machine (a DS25) is set up by the book, and boots okay via ega0, loading /ris/r0k1_nhd, etc...

After going through the dialogues, the installation starts, but the first subset (OSFBASE540) has verification errors for 144 files (says /var/tmp/fverify.log) and the installation stops.

I'm at a loss as what to try next. Anybody?

cu,
Martin
5 REPLIES
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Re: 5.1 + NHD-7 RIS installation verification errors

FYI - 5.1 Rev. 2650 is V5.1B. 'sizer -v' will give you that info.
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

Thanks, BL.

More info: the file /var/tmp/install.log has for every file that misses verification:

pax: : permission denied
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi Martin

#sizer -v gives you the OS version

/var/tmp should have 0777 permission and root:system must be the owner

never give up
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

FYI: with the error information I was able to find http://h18000.www1.hp.com/support/askkcs/hpcg/300_0_63535835_4254929.html

Though I don't have 5.1A I thought it might be worth a try. And just now RIS is installing 5.1B onto my DS25 and is long past OSFBASE!

Thanks everybody.
Martin Vorlaender
Honored Contributor

closed