108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Access replicated vdisks and filesystem

SOLVED
Go to solution
sameerK
Frequent Advisor

Access replicated vdisks and filesystem

I have one GS1280 connected to evastorage.I have 2 vdisks that are presented to this server and I have partitions on these disks which inturn have advfs domain filesets.I am going to replicate these to vdisks to another EVA storage at disaster recovery site. I will be having es80 server to access this replicated disks.
My question is on es80 server at dr site how will I be able to access these filesets / filesystem?
6 REPLIES 6
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

>>> My question is on es80 server at dr site how will I be able to access these filesets / filesystem?

No until you perform a "failover" of the DR Group. This means that you will be changing the source-destination of the replicated vdisks.

This will enable access to the es80 and remove access from the GS1280.

Just to add, even if you where able to present the destinatio vdisk as "read only", you won't be able to mount it.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
sameerK
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ivan
Thats fine. Assume that I want to break the replication and the start using these replicated data on es80. That means I would like to mount the filesystem, how will I do it?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

After you break the replication, ensure that you present the vdisk in read/write mode to your es80 server.

You have to create the domain directory and the respective link for it.

For example:

hwmgr scan scsi
hwmgr show scsi

You detect the device as /dev/disk/dsk10c

If you use only one partition on that disk, then:

cd /etc/fdmns
mkdir replicated_domain
cd replicated_domain
ln -s /dev/disk/dsk10c
showfsets replicated_domain
mount -t advfs replicated_domain# /

I can see in your profile:

"I have assigned points to 12 of 101 responses to my questions"

Please keep assigning points. For more information see:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/helptips.do?#28

Have a nice day.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
sameerK
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ivan
Sorry, If I had not assigned you points earlier as I was not well conversent in assigning them.But you will find the difference now.
TO take the discussion ahead I will have multiple partition on one disk.How to configure in that case?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Consider using multiple filesets on the same domain.

But if you use multiple partitons, then each partition will be in its own domain. You can check your actual configuration. Then, create a directory and a link on it for each partition on the device.

For example:

cd /etc/fdmns

mkdir replicated_domain1
cd replicated_domain1
ln -s /dev/disk/dsk32g
showfsets replicated_domain1
mount -t advfs replicated_domain1# /

mkdir replicated_domain2
cd replicated_domain2
ln -s /dev/disk/dsk32h
showfsets replicated_domain1
mount -t advfs replicated_domain2# /

In this case, each partition (g,h) will be on its own domain. The domain (directory) named could be the same if you want.
sameerK
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ivan
I will be trying this some time next week.Shall post the update. But your explaination looks convincing :)