Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding users with sysman -cli (let helpdesk do the job)

Klas Erlandsson_1
Occasional Visitor

Adding users with sysman -cli (let helpdesk do the job)

Hi!

On our v40f cluster system I have a script using sudo and expect so that our helpdesk can add users to both nodes. But now when we are going to migrate to a v5.1B cluster I wan't to skip sudo and expect and try to use DOP and sysman. Has anyone a already this setup or another that will solve my problem? Does anyone know if it's possible to add users with sysman -cli?

Regards Klas Erlandsson
2 REPLIES
Ann Majeske
Honored Contributor

Re: Adding users with sysman -cli (let helpdesk do the job)

Hi,

V5.1B clusters are more of a "single system image" setup, so you would only need to add users once, not on each node in the cluster. It seems to me that using a combination of DOP and the useradd command would be easer to set up than trying to figure out if the sysman -cli can do what you want.

Ann
Klas Erlandsson_1
Occasional Visitor

Re: Adding users with sysman -cli (let helpdesk do the job)

Hi!

The thing is that a want to incorperate the useradd process in a bigger solution where I would set up application dependent things at the same time and a commandline sysman -cli would be nice to use.

/Klas