Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin a Smart Array 5300 on Tru64?

Admin a Smart Array 5300 on Tru64?

I know about the >>> and orca, and insight manager (great that the system is up but we still need to patch firmware to be able to use it), but how else can I admin a raid array on a Smart Array 5300 on Tru64 5.1b? Anything command line driven? Anything else?

-john

6 REPLIES
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: Admin a Smart Array 5300 on Tru64?

Hi John,

it is described on page 1-14 in ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/alphaserver/storage/controllers/sa5300a/ek-sa530-in-d01.pdf

greetings,

Michael
Don't forget to assign points!

Well that is insight manager. And acu-xe merely stops the web server for insight manager, which is misleading. Is there anyting else?
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

John,

that is not from insight.
You have to call lfu from the system console prompt.

Michael

Ok I was hoping to find something that does not require downtime, other than insight.
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

John,

I assume you would have to do a reset on the controller after firmware update. This would mean a loss of connection to the disks. If you have mounted file systems on them you would certainly get a domain panic. If they are the boot disks you might crash the machine. I wouldn't do it without shutdown.

greetings,

Michael

Ok I dont mind downing the system for firmware updates...but to admin a raid card seems a bit much.

Thanks
-john