1752571 Members
5062 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Admin a Smart Array 5300 on Tru64?

john_ ouellette
Advisor

Admin a Smart Array 5300 on Tru64?

I know about the >>> and orca, and insight manager (great that the system is up but we still need to patch firmware to be able to use it), but how else can I admin a raid array on a Smart Array 5300 on Tru64 5.1b? Anything command line driven? Anything else?

-john

6 REPLIES 6
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: Admin a Smart Array 5300 on Tru64?

Hi John,

it is described on page 1-14 in ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/alphaserver/storage/controllers/sa5300a/ek-sa530-in-d01.pdf

greetings,

Michael
Don't forget to assign points!
john_ ouellette
Advisor

Well that is insight manager. And acu-xe merely stops the web server for insight manager, which is misleading. Is there anyting else?
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

John,

that is not from insight.
You have to call lfu from the system console prompt.

Michael
john_ ouellette
Advisor

Ok I was hoping to find something that does not require downtime, other than insight.
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

John,

I assume you would have to do a reset on the controller after firmware update. This would mean a loss of connection to the disks. If you have mounted file systems on them you would certainly get a domain panic. If they are the boot disks you might crash the machine. I wouldn't do it without shutdown.

greetings,

Michael
john_ ouellette
Advisor

Ok I dont mind downing the system for firmware updates...but to admin a raid card seems a bit much.

Thanks
-john