Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpha ES 40

Sakui
Frequent Advisor

Alpha ES 40

I have an Alpha ES 40 server. How do i verify that RAID 0+1 is configure on it. I have no internal drives. I have one external bay with a any External scsci card . I have Four disks in that bay. I also want to know how to configure a raid 0+1.Is it done at the OS level or the hardware prompt?
4 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Alpha ES 40

>> How do i verify that RAID 0+1 is configure on it.

At the SRM prompt (hardware prompt) run:

show dev

You will see some DK* devices. If you see the same number of disks as the number of physical disks, you don't have a hardware RAID configured. When you configure a raid, two or more disks will be shown as one in the SRM.

>> s it done at the OS level or the hardware prompt?

You can create software mirror using the O.S. LSM, or you can create hardware mirror if you have a RAID controller.

Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Sakui
Frequent Advisor

I have an external scsi card symbios c875 and the storage bay is Mylex DAC960. But what key or command should i type to configure hardware RAID at the prompt. I am not sure whether this card is a RAID card.But i see my all four disk.

Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

As I recall, those Mylex controllers had a special utility that you had to use to set up your RAID to present to the host. Do you have a CD with something called ACU (Array Configuration Utility) on it? Boot from that CD and you should be able to see your configuration.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

1)Locate an Alpha Firmware CD which has the UTILITY\SWXCRMGR\RA200RCU.EXE file.

2)At POO>>>, type arc and you will get a menu
from which you should choose the option 'Run Program'. When prompted for a filename, type:

CD:\UTILITY\SWXCRMGR\RA200RCU.EXE

This will provide you with a menu to perform several tasks.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?