1748288 Members
3361 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Binary error on disks

Carlos A. Munoz Lopez
Frequent Advisor

Binary error on disks

Hi guys! I've been checking the binary logs on my system and I noticed some minor errors related to disks, what worries me a lot is how frequent they are reported. There's a error on the array battery cache regarding the near end of life, but I don't know if this is the cause of the remaining errors. I attach the logs so you can take a look at them. The server is an AlphaServer GS80 running Tru64 5.1B. I would appreciate some help on this.
3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Binary error on disks

The messages reports:

"Recovery progress event, this is NOT an error"

Anyway, all messages points to device hardware ID 132.

Check your units in the storage, run:

show failed

To identify if a disk failed

show id

The Unit number for id 132 will be diplayed.

Then run:

Show DXXX

Under "Uses" column you will see the storageset name, then run:

show "name of storageset"

Check the state:

State:
NORMAL
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Also, install WEBES, that will help you to translate the binary event log in a more legible form.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Carlos A. Munoz Lopez
Frequent Advisor

I was checking the array controller but there was no recent error. According to error table for this type of array (HSG80), it seems there's some sort of unknown error (ASC & ASCQ Code x2400) or illegal request. The only valid error is the one regarding to battery cache. So, I guess I have to contact technical support. Thanks for your help.

_Carlos_