Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Access TRU64

Premjith Nair
Occasional Advisor

Cannot Access TRU64

I have two TRU64 4.0F consoles connected to a switch. My Monitoring system sent me a link failure message. On the console there was no display, had to do a cold boot to get the console back. There was no crash dump, no abnormal message in message file. The other system also had the same problem around the same time.
I was suspecting a network problem, but then Will that affect the console display also. Any Clue ?
VMS is the best
2 REPLIES
Michael Elleby III_1
Trusted Contributor

Re: Cannot Access TRU64

Hello-

What kind of hardware do you have?

I have three AlphaServer 4100 consoles on one switch, but connected via standard PCI video card and have no issues.

Mike Elleby
Knowledge Is Power
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: Cannot Access TRU64

First be more specific, what kind of console? A seriell or network console switch or a graphical one?

Not all graphical switches will work on alpha machines properly. CDE is network dependant so if there is a network problem, CDE will freeze.
Be sure you have disabled power management within the kernel which is not supported on some machines (leaving the question what kind of machine)
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }