9327 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Cannot traverse NFS mounted directory

Sivasingam Santhakumar
Frequent Advisor

Cannot traverse NFS mounted directory

Dear Admins,

I have a strange situation. I have some NFS directories from a SUN server mounted on my Tru64
server. I can cd into those directories when I ssh to it using putty. But I can't goto those directories when using Winscp. What would be the reason?. SUN box is not in my control.

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Winscp is a opensource/shareware openssl implementation for windows. Where is the Tru64 problem (or NFS issue)?

SSH means not it will be compliant with all implementations or programs using the protocoll. So try another product (like putty) and if it will work use this product.

Post a question within the forum/website which is dedicated to winscp problems.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Sivasingam Santhakumar
Frequent Advisor

Ralf,

I should have mentioned it, sorry. That I am already using putty to connect to the server and I can see inside the NFS mounted directry. This for our DBA who uses Winscp to download files to his Windows mechine. Further, for testing purpose I have mounted Sol x86 partion on a Linux box and I could traverse the directory from Linux using Winscp. So, it's not a WinScp issue.

Thanks
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi santhakumar

Unmount the NFS mounted file system and mount again, some times when the rpc.statd daemon respwan it looses control over NFS filesyetm even though it is mounted.
never give up
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

SSH is not eqal to SSH. Tru64 uses other SSH than Linux. So you compare different things. Question is if someone is familiar with winscp and non OpenSource SSH implementations. Good luck...

Kris Smith
Advisor

Could you provide the OS version ?
Sivasingam Santhakumar
Frequent Advisor

Hi Kris,

My OS version is Tru64 5.1 and I have SSH package (SSHBASE323) installed.

Hi Ravi,

I have an scheduled outage next and I will check that option at that time.

Forums are there to discuss the problem and make suggestions.

Thanks for your input.
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

I've told you the reasons why the problem is winscp related. This is a Tru64 forum for HP supported products, winscp is not supported by HP.

So in your case post the question within a winscp forum, problem is winscp problems with non openssh implementations. You will get a quicker solution.