Simpler Navigation coming for Servers and Operating Systems
Coming soon: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We will combine many of the older boards, and you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. If you are looking for an older board and do not find it, check the consolidated boards, as the posts are still there.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring secure shell on tru64 4.0F

Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

Configuring secure shell on tru64 4.0F

I have a cluster of 2 ES40 s having Tru64 4.0F
I want to configure secure shell software on it. From where can I download the ssh software for tru64 4.0F ? Also will configuring ssh affect in any way my running system ? I also have 2 more ES40 s in cluster for some different application which have Tru64 5.1B , and it has ssh installed along with the OS , but for 4.0F it is not there with the OS.
Also please can anyone tell me the neccessity for ssh and drawbacks if any.
Thanks in advance

Ninad
4 REPLIES
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: Configuring secure shell on tru64 4.0F

the official available kit at
http://h30097.www3.hp.com/unix/ssh/index.html
is only for 5.1 or higher.

So you must download the openssh version from www.openssh.org, which is not 100% compatible.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

What you say is right about the support for 5.1A or higher but that is of ssh 3.1 or something, but i remember i had read something like ssh ver 1.1 , what is that and is that supported on tru64 unix 4.0F ? if yes from where can i download that. is openssh the only alternative ?
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

for 4.0f there is no official supported SSH version. Previous Internet Express Kits (like 4.x) contains a shareware version for it.

The best choice is www.openssh.org, which is actual source, contains all security fixes and is quite stable. Download the version, compile it....
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Ninad_1
Honored Contributor

Thanks Ralf for your help