Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Tru64 UNIX to Storage on a Netapp 900 Series filer

William J. Smith
Occasional Visitor

Connecting Tru64 UNIX to Storage on a Netapp 900 Series filer

Is there any way to configure a LUN on a Netapp 900 Series filer in such a way that it can be regognized by Tru64 UNIX? The T64 version running is 4.0g.

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: Connecting Tru64 UNIX to Storage on a Netapp 900 Series filer

Been a while since I worked on NetApps, but as I recall just configure the LUN to be accessed via NFS and then set up your Unix box as an NFS client with the appropriate entry in the /etc/fstab file to automatically mount the NetApps volume upon startup. If you're asking about booting from a NetApps LUN then things are a lot harder - and as old as 4.0g is I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was 'not possible.'
William J. Smith
Occasional Visitor

Re: Connecting Tru64 UNIX to Storage on a Netapp 900 Series filer

Thanks Mark. Using the LUN as an NFS mount is a fallback, but we'd truly prefer mapping the LUN to an rz device if that's at all possible.