108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Continuous Access and ADVFS Tru64 5.1B3

SOLVED
Go to solution

Continuous Access and ADVFS Tru64 5.1B3

Hi
I have an issue with ADVFS and Continous Access:
I'am doing a replication for a domain and when I try to mount ADVFS domain on the target server, I get the following message :

Cant open log for domain test
tag = 0xfffffff7.0x0 : E_CANT_FIND_LOG_END (-1077)

It seems the log can't be read on the target system

I have try some commands like fixfdmn or nvlogpg. Everything looks good

Please help

Jean-Pierre
7 REPLIES 7
Han Pilmeyer
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

What exactly does your procedure for this look like?

Are you trying to mount a business copy of the replica or did you fail over the storage to the target side?
Did you freezefs before?
Is this a multi volume domain?
Seref Tufan SEN
Occasional Advisor

You should create a snap of the disk and mount the snap. IMHO If you are trying to mount the CA's destination disk then you will not be able to mount the disk

Hello all,
thank you for your answer but i wasn't at office today.
Just to explain : I'm trying to mount the target vdisk but without using the failover feature of CA. I just break the DR group to get the vdisk on the EVA target (it's just a test, obviously I'll use the failover in the real life).

I get an answer from HP support this afternoon, and it's not so hard to understand :

With CA the target vdisk is already presented to target server, but this vdisk is write locked but CA.
(I assume that when the failover is executed, the lock is removed automatically on the target vdisk.

So I looked at customer site this afternoon and I found that the target vdisk is write locked. I only setup write locked = NO and I was able to mount the vdisk on TRU64.

I didn't know (since 10 years...) that ADVFS is trying to access the log region of the volume even if the disk is write lock.....

Thank you again for your answers, I hope this post will be able to help somebody.

I'll use all the features of a product in the future...

Jean-Pierre
Han Pilmeyer
Esteemed Contributor

AdvFS always needs to write to the log. But in your case, since the domain wasn't unmounted before the split, it had to recover the log (which means writing to it). Even when you don't write to a file system, it still needs to record the access times (atime).

Ok, thank you for the details.

Long life to AdvFS, I use it since the beginning, OSF or Digital Unix 4xx ? And it was a great feature ...

Ok, thank you for the details.

Long life to AdvFS, I use it since the beginning, OSF or Digital Unix 4xx ? And it was a nice feature ...

close by author