108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Creating New file system Using Extra Disk

SOLVED
Go to solution
Paul Stanard
Regular Advisor

See new attachment I figure it out. Files are 13GB so that is a little less than one entire disk (18Gb)
Paul Stanard
Regular Advisor

did you take a look at my attachment?
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Paul,

I did review your attachment and what I saw, I didn't like. Who configured the machine before you? This is not an easy task anymore. There does not seem to be one mirrored disk. This is almost too much, to be handled over the forum. I would need detailed description about, how you want to use the machine, sys_check file and more. This could be a days job on your site, but with this distance between us.

So please tell me, are there any dead lines you have? Are there any collegues you can talk to? I would like to help, but I wonder, if this is going to work. How could they give you such a job without proper training.

Honestly, I am frustrated. :-(

Michael
Paul Stanard
Regular Advisor

They and I presumed that since I had experience with HP-UX 10.20, 11.0 it would not be that different but it is. I really dont have any contacts to work with regarding the machine. Is it because I chose to go with the advfs over the ufs or would it have made a difference?
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Paul,

this would make no difference, advfs is fine. Now I see, that even with an advfs-utilities license, it wouldn't be better. I wonder, if even the system disks are mirrored. I assumed, that with a redundant hsz70 configuration it would have mirrored disks but obviuosly it has not.

To bring this to a success, we would have to work closely together outside this forum by email.

So, what do you think? The alternative would be ordering someone from HP, who can help you setup the machine in such a way, you can use it.

Michael
Paul Stanard
Regular Advisor

I am willing to do whatever it takes. I just want to get it done. If email is a possibility than I am all for it.
paul.stanard@bateswhite.com. when do you think we can get this done?