Operating System - Tru64 Unix
1752794 Members
6086 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Daylight Savings Time (DST) patches: any new ones for this fall?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Adam Garsha
Valued Contributor

Daylight Savings Time (DST) patches: any new ones for this fall?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Peter Leddy_1
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi Adam,

Check this page for DST updates from HP, further down the page has a link to Tru64 specific information.

http://h10072.www1.hp.com/dst/

Regards,

Peter
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

There are no new DST patches for the United States or Canada. If you installed the DST patches released early this year, they covered both ends of the US/Canada DST changes (i.e., spring and fall). In this case, you should see a change back to standard time on November 4. You can verify that your system has the correct rules with the following command:

% zdump -v /etc/zoneinfo/localtime | grep 2007

/etc/zoneinfo/localtime Tue Oct 2 07:45:36 2007 EDT
/etc/zoneinfo/localtime Sun Mar 11 06:59:59 2007 GMT = Sun Mar 11 01:59:59 2007 EST isdst=0 gmtoff=-18000
/etc/zoneinfo/localtime Sun Mar 11 07:00:00 2007 GMT = Sun Mar 11 03:00:00 2007 EDT isdst=1 gmtoff=-14400
/etc/zoneinfo/localtime Sun Nov 4 05:59:59 2007 GMT = Sun Nov 4 01:59:59 2007 EDT isdst=1 gmtoff=-14400
/etc/zoneinfo/localtime Sun Nov 4 06:00:00 2007 GMT = Sun Nov 4 01:00:00 2007 EST isdst=0 gmtoff=-18000

The last pair of lines shows the DST-to-standard time transition in the fall; make sure the date in these lines is "Nov 4". If it's "Oct 28", you still have the old DST rules on your system.

Having said, that, we do have a new patch out for a change to the DST rules in New Zealand. The advisory is at http://h30097.www3.hp.com/unix/erp/c01153662.html. You need to install this patch ***ONLY IF*** your system runs on New Zealand time, or it needs to know about NZ local time for some application reason.

Martin
I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Ann Majeske
Honored Contributor

Venezuela is planning a timezone change this fall, but last I heard they hadn't set the date yet. When it does get finalized most likely a patch will be made available for it.

Ann
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

Venezuela has postponed their change until the beginning of the year. They'll be changing their timezone from 4 hours behind GMT to 4.5 hours behind GMT.

Martin
I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

pnvs
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
We already patched the server for March 11 DST. Now again is there any thing need to update on HP-UX servers. Servers are located in US & Canada.