Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight savings changes

Thomas J. Harrold
Trusted Contributor

Daylight savings changes

I know how to handle changes to daylight savings configuration on HP-UX, but I'm not sure how Tru64 (in particular V4.0G) handles such changes.

Any information would be helpful.

-tjh
I learn something new everyday. (usually because I break something new everyday)
3 REPLIES
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Daylight savings changes

You have a zone file. The current zone file is referenced by /etc/zoneinfo/localtime.

AFAIK tru64 does not handle very good the DST, I usually have to restart the crond and syslogd daemon.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Archunan Muthiah
Honored Contributor

Tom,

May it be helpfull.
http://archive.netbsd.se/?ml=tru64-unix-managers&a=2006-02&m=1764147

Archunan
God is Artist, we are all just brushes
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

The question as you've phrased it is very open-ended. I suggest reading the man page for zic(8) as a starting point. Then if you need help with anything specific, please post your specific questions.

Martin
I work for HP
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HP Enterprise products is just a click away HP Support Center Knowledge-base
See Self Help Post for more details