Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desta process keeps dying

Matt Palmer_2
Respected Contributor

Desta process keeps dying

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can advise??

Everytime I try to login to the WEBES tools via a browser, it fails with 'Connection to WEBES failed'. Searching for the desta director process on the server after this indicates that the desta process is dying. This is a repeatable pattern.

i.e:if i issue:'desta start' the process stays alive indefinately until I again try to use the WEBES suite.

tailing the following logfile:

/usr/opt/compaq/svctools/logs/desta_dir.log

doesnt seem to generate anything significant in terms of helping me debug the issue.

I have checked that the 'desta servob show' is still vaild and so is the WEBES suite.

Any ideas anyone. If I can post anything else to assist please say.

TIA

Matt
3 REPLIES
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: Desta process keeps dying

Have you properly installed webes as described within the admin guide or is it a install and try?
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Matt Palmer_2
Respected Contributor

It is just installed to try from the web.

thanks

Matt
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Matt,

so it seems to be time to have a look into the installation guide of webes explaining how to handle and configure.
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }