108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Determine Physical Memory Size in each RAD in ES80

SOLVED
Go to solution
Adam Garsha
Valued Contributor

Determine Physical Memory Size in each RAD in ES80

If I have 4 cpus in an ES80, how can I determine whether my 16GB of physical memory is divided as:

8+2+2+4 vs. 4+4+4+4 ?
etc.

Is there a hwmgr command that will tell me the physical memory that I have in each RAD?

This box has been upgraded in the past and I am not sure if it was done optimally or on-the-cheap/forward-looking.
6 REPLIES 6
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

You can use collect -sm to view the memory in each rad. You can the sum values.

You can also use vmstat -r.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Adam Garsha
Valued Contributor

What do I sum to determine physical memory in each RAD? Is there a way to determine whether a given RAD is composed of 2x2GB or 1x4GB+1-empty-slot?

A hwmgr option perhaps?
Han Pilmeyer
Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe that hwmgr has a nice option for this and I don't quite see how "vmstat -r" should help. But if you try "vmstat -P" and look for the "Physical Memory Clusters", then I think it should become obvious. Every CPU has some memory for "pal", so that's where the RAD boundaries are (assuming you haven't played with cpus_in_rad).
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

The sum of Free + Act + wire will give you close to the ammount of memory on each RAD.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Han Pilmeyer
Esteemed Contributor

Ah, see what you mean Ivan. However that doesn't always sum up the total for a RAD (think of granularity hints memory for instance). But most of the time that should work.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Agree, the other way will be using the SRM show mem command.

>>> show mem

But you need to shutdown the system. The good news is that the command will give you the exact information you need.