4614 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Error while rebuild the kernel

Irasela Posadas
Occasional Contributor

Error while rebuild the kernel

Hi!!!

I'm having problems installing the patch: DUV40F16-C0040500-10245-Manual-20010328. I had backed up the OS and installed the patch, the installation was succesful... but when i try to rebuild the kernel an error appear...

I rebuild the kernel just after the installation finished without reboot the server with this instruction:

# duconfig -c ORACLE-TEST

Start de rebuild and a few minutes after appear this error:

kds.mod commoressed: branch relocation out-of range, bad object file produced, can't branch from 0x.... to 0x....
kds.mod commoressed: branch relocation out-of range, bad object file produced, can't branch from 0x.... to 0x....

*** Exit 1 (ignored)
chmod 755 a.out
chmod: a.out: No such file or directory
***Exit 4
Stop
Press to continue:

Do you want to edit the configuration file (y/n) [n]: n

*** NOTE ***
A new kernel for this machine could not be succesfuly created.

Restoring the original configuration file - /sys/config/ORACLE-TEST

Would any one pls expline to me what's happen? Would you pls help me??
2 REPLIES 2
Joris Denayer
Respected Contributor

Re: Error while rebuild the kernel

Irasela,

It is rather simple.
Your kernel is not linking correctly. With the information that you provided, it is rather difficult to find what happens.
Probably, there are some kernel modules corrupt.

Let's try to start the kernel build again, but first some cleaning actions

execute following command

# rm /sys/ORACLE-TEST/*

This files in this directory will be created again with the next doconfig.

# doconfig -c ORACLE-TEST

If this works, you have to copy the kernel /sys/ORACLE-TEST/vmunix to / and reboot.

If this is NOT working, then you should post the contents of the file /sys/ORACLE-TEST/errs

This file contains the detailed activities of the linking procedure. Without this information, it is not possible to continue

Good Luck

Joris
To err is human, but to really faul things up requires a computer
Irasela Posadas
Occasional Contributor

Re: Error while rebuild the kernel

Tks a lot for your answere!!

I opened another case in HP, had phone assistance and the problem was i don't have the patch kit 5, so i have to install it fist.

Best regards