Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Es45, 4 cpu with tru64 5.1.b,but work only one

Francesco Sarno
Frequent Advisor

Es45, 4 cpu with tru64 5.1.b,but work only one

Hi,
i'm working on compaq es45 and so is tru64 5.1b. The system has 4 cpus. This workstation works in a cluster (Lsf Platform) in which there are several workstation digital e compaq.
If i launch 4 jobs on es45, with lsf utility i see that only one job is in execution and the others are in pending.But if i launch a job over lsf the job starts.
Same day ago there was a power off in my office and the machine returner on alone.Before the machine worked correctly.I have seen lsf configuration file and are the same.

Thanks in advance,
Francesco
5 REPLIES
Klas Erlandsson_1
Occasional Visitor

Re: Es45, 4 cpu with tru64 5.1.b,but work only one

Hi!

Check if all CPU's are online with
"psrinfo -v"

We have also had problems with CPU's being unconfigured after reboot.

/Klas
Francesco Sarno
Frequent Advisor

I have already check it (with psrinfo), but all the cpus are online...infact if i try to launch more jobs, by the command top i see that more cpu works.
Only when i launch the jobs under LFS Platform they remains in PEND status. But i don't change any LFS configuration file.

If you have an idea...thank you.
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

Francesco,

I believe LSF has it's own licensing (fleXlm), so do you have the correct license for 4 CPU's ?

Johan.

_JB_
Francesco Sarno
Frequent Advisor

Yes, before the reboot of machine all worked well and i don't have changed any lsf configurations file.

Thanks,F.
Francesco Sarno
Frequent Advisor

I have try to restart lsf with :
>badmin mdbrestard
and all is ok.

Thanks, F.