Operating System - Tru64 Unix
1752591 Members
3116 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to Correctly Install Daylight Saving Time Patch

Tom Lin

How to Correctly Install Daylight Saving Time Patch

We have several Digital Tru64 UNIX V5.1 (Rev. 732) servers. I have download the patch: DUXKIT1000390-V40FB22-E-20060216, for new 2007 Daylight Saving Time. It seems not working after I run './dupatch'. Then I re-boot the server and 're-set' the time by using 'date' command. It seems working fine for a very short period of time. Then the system time returns to the 'old' CST time. I checked the files in /etc/zoneinfo/US/ directory. None of them has been changed (just look at date of all files). I am wondering what did I do wrong? Can any body help. Thanks.

Tom Lin
6 REPLIES 6
Victor Semaska_3
Esteemed Contributor

Tom,

Are you sure the patch got installed. The kit you list is for V4.0F and you say the servers are running V5.1.

Vic
There are 10 kinds of people, one that understands binary and one that doesn't.
Victor Semaska_3
Esteemed Contributor

Tom,

Forogt to mention that V5.1 is no longer supported. Check out this thread:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1098139

Vic
There are 10 kinds of people, one that understands binary and one that doesn't.
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

I would be very surprised if the V4.0F patch actually installed on a V5.1 system. Can you post the output of "dupatch -track -type kit" so we can see the installed patch kits?

V5.1 (rev 732) is out of support, so there's no official patch for the DST change. However, there's a manual workaround described at http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/cki/docDisplay.do?docLocale=en_US&docId=200000085112054 . (That's for V5 systems only. For V4 there's another document.)

Martin
I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Tom Lin

Thanks Vic and Martin for your replys. I didn't realize that our servers are no longer being supported by HP. Since we are planning to keep our servers for another year or so. Can you show me a quick way to 'fix' this DST thing. Thanks. Your help is highly appreciated.

Tom Lin

Martin Moore
HPE Pro

Tom,

See the knowledge base article I cited above for instructions on updating the DST rules on any V5.x system. The workaround is not difficult to implement. Or if you have a support contract with HP, you can log a call for assistance. (This is true even on old versions -- if you have a support contract, you still get "best effort" support on those old versions. But there's no Engineering support on those versions, which means no new patches.)

Regards,
Martin
I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Tom Lin

Hi Martin, Thank you very much for your reply. I followed the instruction provided by Mr. Chris Tremblay (found on this forum) and manually changed the system time. It seems working fine. Thank you all for help.

Tom Lin