1753773 Members
6209 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

How to get rid of tu1/2/3 warnings

Nick Bishop (Kiwi)
Frequent Advisor

How to get rid of tu1/2/3 warnings

We have an ES40 with a 4-way ethernet card, only one of these is being used. When we execute sys_check, it gives us frivilous warnings about the unused slots, as follows:

TCP/IP Network

Operational: Network wire not connected or settings mismatch of console/network port on tu1
Operational: Network wire not connected or settings mismatch of console/network port on tu2
Operational: Network wire not connected or settings mismatch of console/network port on tu3

I have already gone into sysman (on a character cell terminal) and Networking -> Basic Network Services -> tu1, Deconfigure; repeat for tu2/3.

Is there anything else that should be done for these unused interfaces?

The Alpha server ES40 was supplied to us with a clean install of 5.1B on it, and I have installed the Firmware Update V7.2 and installed NHD-7 onto it (which also installs PK6, bringing it up to 5.1B-4).

Various output is in the attached file:
sys_check -warn -nohtml
hwmgr -view hierarchy
hwmgr -get attribute -category network
dupatch -track -type patch_level
>>> show device
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: How to get rid of tu1/2/3 warnings

Hi,

Probably the simplest way is to connect loopback connectors into the unused connectors.

http://www.tikkiweb.net/loopback

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

check in /etc/rc.config if the variables related to those networkcards are removed.

NETDEV_1="..."
export NETDEV_1
IFCONFIG_1="..."
export IFCONFIG_1

if removed also set NUM_NETCONFIG="1"
Nick Bishop (Kiwi)
Frequent Advisor

I was thinking that a software configuration solution would be possible.

The two solutions posted are certainly valid, thanks (I now have a bookmark for the loopback web page).

Nick.