4189 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

I20A0 boot disk devicename change on GS80

H S Z
Regular Advisor

I20A0 boot disk devicename change on GS80

hi,
on GS80, there is I20 scsi adapter to which the external disk system is connected to. i have created a RAID5 with the last 4 disks in the array (bay 6, 7, 8, and 9) and i have installed the OS on it and it's the booddef_dev. the device filename for it is dza520.0.0.2004.1
Today, we have just slotted some new disks in the array to create another RAID with. After rebooting the system, the devicename which was dza520.0.0.2004.1 of the bootdef has changed to something else.
now, the OS cant boot anymore bcoz giving the error: sysconfigtab: invalid line - lsm_rootdev_is_volume=
and nothing will mount again.
please assist me to resolve the problem. could i change the filename back manually? if yes how? if not, how can i change sysconfigtab to boot?

thanks and waiting.
racio
2 REPLIES 2
H S Z
Regular Advisor

Re: I20A0 boot disk devicename change on GS80

hello,
in my sysconfigtab file, the option lsm_rootdev_is_volume= has no value.
in which circonstance shld i use 0 or 1 as the value. and how do i do that in single user mode.

racio
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: I20A0 boot disk devicename change on GS80

Use lsm_rootdev_is_volume=1 if your boot volume is an LSM (Logical Storage Manager) volume. Use lsm_rootdev_is_volume=0 if it is not.

If you're not using LSM, you can change the systconfigtab of a non-booting root volume by booting off the installation CD, mounting the corrupt root volume and making the necessary changes. You might be able to do something similar with LSM, but I'm not sure about that, and certainly couldn't tell you how to go about it.