Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include Files

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alice Daniel
Frequent Advisor

Include Files

I performed a custom install of 5.1b and only selected the mandatory subsets.. And nothing from the Assoc. Prod. CD Vol II.

Now, when I try to compile my app, it can't find many of the includes that are normally in sys/include (e.g. stdio.h). What subset or assoc prod. must I install to get my includes?
2 REPLIES
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Re: Include Files

Hi,

the files you are looking for are not on the associated products cd.
They are part of the development environment in the standard header files section.
What you may try is to mount the os cd.
cd /mnt
setld -l .
I haven't tried it yet but you may be offered the missing software subsets.

greetings,

Michael
Han Pilmeyer
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: Include Files

Yes that will work.

It's highly recommended to always install all subsets. With current disk sizes there is no need to save a few bytes by not installing everything and it does make live much easier once you start adding patches with dupatch.