1753776 Members
7355 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

KGPSA-CA 4.0F "no matching entry in the PCI option table"

Jean Marie Diaz
Occasional Contributor

KGPSA-CA 4.0F "no matching entry in the PCI option table"

Added two of these to a 4100 this morning, then upgraded firmware to 6.0. One card was visible after the firmware upgrade; the other (presumably) gave a "no matching entry" error when brought up under genvmunix.

(I aborted the new kernel build when /sbin/bcheckrc gave me LSM errors. We're up under the old kernel.)

Here are the lines from /var/adm/messages when coming up under the old kernel:

Sep 10 08:14:59 zan vmunix: PCI device at bus 0, slot 5, function 0 could not be configured:
Sep 10 08:14:59 zan vmunix: Vendor ID 0x10df, Device ID 0xf800, Base class 0xc, Sub class 0x4 Sub-VID 0x10df Sub-DID 0xf800
Sep 10 08:14:59 zan vmunix: has no matching entry in the PCI option table

There is an entry in /etc/sysconfigtab for this vendor and device id, but it is commented out.

How can I get the system to recognize the second card?
5 REPLIES 5
Dave Bechtold
Respected Contributor

Re: KGPSA-CA 4.0F "no matching entry in the PCI option table"

Hello,

This error reported in the messages file would be expected if the release of V4.0F installed does not support the KGPSA-CA option. Support for this Fibre HBA was added to V4.0F with Patch Kit 2, but recommended to be at a minimum of Patch Kit 3. The latest kit is Patch Kit 8.

Patch kits can be found here:
http://www1.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/search.do

Hope this helps.

Dave Bechtold
Phillip Brown
Frequent Advisor

Well, barring a bus renumbering sticky wicket and the supportability mentioned before, you'd normally do this:

>>> b -file genvmunix

# cd /tmp
# sizer -n NEW

In the next command, the MYHOST name will be substituted by your hostname...in caps:

# diff /sys/conf/MYHOST NEW
Any new bus controller pair entries that aren't in your current MYHOST conf file?

Before you edit anything:
# cp -p /sys/conf/MYHOST /sys/conf/MYHOST.sav

Now, take the bus controller PAIRS that are not in MYHOST and are in NEW and add them to MYHOST - your system's conf file and rebuild the kernel using the newly edited conf file:

# doconfig -c MYHOST

You know the rest....

Phil
Jean Marie Diaz
Occasional Contributor

Dave: The system is at patch kit 7. As I mentioned originally, one card is visible, and the other is not.

A 'show config' at the console level gives an interesting result. The functional card gives:

PCI 1 slot 5 (emx0)
Type F80010DF

The non-recognized card gives:

PCI 0 slot 5 (unknown0)
Type F80110DF

Both cards are KGPSA-CX cards (not -CA as I reported previously).

The cards are currently in a 2100 (with the most currently available firmware) giving similar behavior: different Module IDs at the console level, and one card recognized as emc0 at the kernel level.

I was hoping there was some magic I could put in sysconfigtab that would make the other card recognizable.
Jean Marie Diaz
Occasional Contributor

Er, typo: I said emc0 when I meant emx0.
Jean Marie Diaz
Occasional Contributor

Well, we wound up sending that card back for one that is recognizable. End of the story; thanks for the suggestions.