Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LUN maximum size

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dominique_11
Frequent Advisor

LUN maximum size

Hi,

My configuration:
Tru64 Unix v4.0G PK3
HSG80 ACS v88F-2

I created a LUN of 400Gb (in my HSG80)and I wish to know the maximun size of LUN (or disk) recognized by Tru64 (V4.0G).

Thank you in advance for your answer

Cordially

3 REPLIES
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: LUN maximum size

Hi,

I think the maximum disk size in 4.0G is 1TB, although I couldn't find any definitive evidence to back this up.

Your 400GB LUN should be OK... Are you experiencing problems ?

Cheers,

Rob
Dominique_11
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I already had problems on Solaris and I never created LUN higher than 140 Go on Tru64 4.0G

Regards,

Dominique
DCBrown
Frequent Advisor

Not sure where this is documented, but the limit is related to the following:

The last addressable sector returned by READ CAPACITY must be 0x7FFF.FFFE or less. This is the last addressable sector (0..n) of the LUN. The kernel code then adds 1 to get the total number of sectors (0x7FFF.FFFF) on the LUN. Some places within the kernel, this size information is stored in a signed 32bit variable. If the returned capacity is larger than 0x7FFF.FFFE, then you get overflow and the value becomes negative. Unpredictable behavior can follow.