Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Tru64 Unix
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRU for Tru64

Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

MRU for Tru64

* Also posted in the Storage forum, but I thought I'd try here, too *

Does anyone know the status of the MRU (Media & Robot Utility) package for Tru64? I seem to recall that for a while at least it was a free download, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It's also not in my latest Software Product Library so it doesn't seem to have made it back into licensed S/W land. Any info or links much appreciated...
4 REPLIES
Manish Shrivastava
Occasional Visitor

Re: MRU for Tru64

Hi,

Latest MRU version is V1.8 and the ordering information is:

Software license with Media and Documentation:
QB-50TAA-SA

MRU is available on VMS, Tru64 Unix and Windows(2K, XP).

Earlier MRU CD was getting bundled with COMPAQ/HP Tape Libraries.

Regards
Manish
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Thanks Manish. So MRU on Tru64 once again requires purchase of a license?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

As far as I remember, that has always been the case. When MRU was bundled with a library, it enclosed a license for a single server only.
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

OK - thanks Uwe. I guess I misunderstood what I was getting "for free" in the past ;-)